Monday, October 6, 2008

Uh Oh!



Oops, I've been neglecting my blog. Let's just do a quick run down: We went to Utah last weekend for Brooke's bridal shower and stopped in Tremonton on the way down to wish my brother Shelby a happy birthday. (His 30th...welcome to the club Shelb!) The shower was a lot of fun. My parents have 6 granddaughters and our cousins also have a lot of little girls, so there were cute little girls running around all over. Brooke got a lot of great gifts and it was fun to see everyone and to meet Reese's mom and grandma. Back at home I had an activity days activity on Tuesday. (one of my favorite callings by the way) We decorated cupcakes and talked about talents, how we're all different-just like the cupcakes we decorated. (thanks sugardoodle!) The girls in my group are precious. They are so cute and helpful! On Thursday we had a friend birthday party for August. It was great weather here so we did everything outside. I think everyone had fun. We just did the usual: games, presents, etc. We did let them decorate their own cupcakes. We had a lot of cupcakes and sprinkles around here this week. :) On Friday my parents came for the weekend. It's awesome how August's birthday usually falls on Conference Weekend. Right before they came I blew up our microwave by cooking (burning) popcorn for about 5 minutes. They were greeted at the door by the nasty odor. Before you judge me-I do know how to make microwave popcorn...actually it's a staple around here. The number panel has been broken for some time so it's a mystery as to what cooking time you actually picked. Ooops I think I pushed 5 instead of 2. I'm glad I did that while they were here because they felt bad for me and bought us a new microwave. Wow, it's getting expensive for them to come visit! Okay...I'm running out of time: conference was great, August's family party was Saturday-Penny & fam and Becka were up, and April & Robyn were here via Skype. Whew! Okay I'll try to get some pictures up later!

1 comments:

Kami Anderson said...

I'm so excited for a new post. Sounds like August had a fun birthday. I love sugardoodle. I am working on sharing time using some of their ideas.