Monday, October 27, 2008

The Stomach Flu, Two Crawlers, & A Wedding


We just got back home last night from my sister's Wedding Weekend Extravaganza! I thought I'd be relieved to have all the excitement behind us, but I'm actually having some post-wedding blues. We've had a couple of crazy weeks (actually months) around here. We've had a lot of wedding planning and many trips to Utah. The week before the wedding August got sick. I spent most of my time cleaning up throw-up (sorry, tmi) and doing laundry. I guess it was actually Avery who got us started with the throwing up, etc. I was feeling pretty lucky that Aiden & Addison had avoided it...until Addison started throwing up on Thursday night. We were already at my parents' house so they were a big help. My mom stayed up with her almost all night. Thanks!!


The wedding was Saturday at the Salt Lake Temple. The weather was gorgeous. We took all the kids and we had to leave Willard by 8:15 am. I was feeling so good about everything that morning because I had everything laid out and packed the night before. It takes a lot of planning to get 4 girls up and fed and beautified by 8:15! Then disaster struck! I couldn't find my recommend! Do you know why? It was in Idaho, in my closet, in my temple bag! Now, I am not really new to this predicament. I did the exact same thing when my brother got married. Only then my recommend was in Las Vegas, in my closet, in my temple bag. Brandon thinks this whole scenario is hilarious because I usually am so organized and I hate asking people for help. To add to the excitement of this long story...my bishop was in the hospital after just having surgery. Luckily they didn't even need to call him at the temple, they just look you up on the computer and give you a temporary paper to get in the temple. Actually they have a whole little office just for this situation and I even had to wait in line. That makes me feel a little less stupid.


The day was so fun. Everyone kept commenting on how good the babies were. They really were. It was a long day and we didn't stick to their schedule at all. All the grandkids looked so adorable at the reception. My nephew Tyson and Addison were especially cute. They held hands and danced all night. Tyson said that Addie was his princess. August was really into the whole marriage idea and had many, many one liners. At one point she asked Brooke if it felt good to be Brooke Evans? When Brooke & Reese left the reception August yelled, "goodbye Uncle Reese!" When we laughed she said, "well he is."


August had a hard time letting Brooke leave my parents' house that night. She just held onto her and sobbed. We all cried a little. It's good to be home after a long weekend away, but I keep finding reminders of Brooke everywhere. It's going to be an adjustment having her gone. We had so much fun this last year.


After the reception we were all sitting around talking and my mom asked where my dad was. She thought he definitely couldn't be in bed because the bed was covered with everything and anything you could think of. (a wedding dress included!) She came out of her room laughing and made us come look, he was so tired he just crawled under the covers under all the other stuff too. (refer to pictures!)


Did I mention that both babies are crawling now. It is so cute to see them crawling side by side. People always ask me if I can tell them apart and if they have different personalities. The answer is yes, I can tell them apart. It took about 4months though. They are identical and hence look very similar. Second question, yes, they have different personalities. Aiden is a little more reserved, she likes to observe a situation for awhile before jumping in. She is a great eater. She has 3 teeth and babbles more than Avery. Avery is a picky eater. She weighed 1/2 pound less than Aiden at the 9 month appointment. Avery has 2 teeth and is always on the go. She warms up easily and is very free with her laughs and smiles.


We're looking forward to Halloween this week and our first Parent Teacher Conference!

5 comments:

The Andersen Family said...

Cute, Cute! You are SUPERMOM! One of these times when you aren't SO busy on the trip to Utah we should get together. We are blogging now too...lots of fun, only took me forever to jump on board.

Robyn said...

Brit-
you could NEVER blog too much, just FYI. We need to set up a time to Skype. I miss you guys and the girls so much! Where are the photos? you said refer to the photos (for your dad sleeping), but I didn't see any besides the wedding one.

Shannon said...

Wow! What a busy time. We sure miss you guys here. If you ever come here to visit you better call.

Kami Anderson said...

I really doubt you need to worry too much about the parent teacher conference. I'm sure August is a model student. I'm so glad the wedding went well. Brooke looked beautiful and the girls dresses are so cute. I imagine its going to be a big adjustment not having Brooke there all the time. You are such a great Mom! If your recommend was the only thing you forgot I would say you did very well. Can't wait to see you all.

Paige Moore said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO BROOKE!! What a wonderful day! We were on Temple Square the day before and I knew her wedding was coming up but wasn't sure which day, so I looked around for ya'll but alas you were nowhere to be found. I guess I'll have to see you some other time. And really, don't worry about the recommend. I forgot mine when I went to Portland for Nathan's sealing... and I only had ONE little girl to worry about!