Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Grandma's Book Review: 5 STARS!!



The babies had their 6 month checkup yesterday. The doc says they are doing great! Aiden weighed in at 15-15 and Avery 15-7. August and Addison weighed about that at 4 months! Oh well, they are growing that's the important thing. I think them being premature has made me obsessed with their weight. I find it a compliment when people call them chubby because I know how they started out...teeny tiny. Aiden also got her first tooth on Sunday. They are eating cereal and loving it. That brings me to my birthday and some presents I received.


My birthday was last week. Two weeks ago I was at my in-laws after a rather intense afternoon with the girls. The babies can't sit up yet, but they want to be entertained all of the time. We had been looking at bouncers, exersaucers, etc., but I hadn't bought any. Anyway I was saying how I really needed something to entertain them and pronto. They then decided to give me my present early...two, beautiful, life-saving exersaucers! They were the exact ones I wanted! I wanted to cry. My sanity was given back to me in the shape of two big baby toys. Thanks again Pam & Leon!


My mom came for a few days around my birthday and all 7 of us girls had a great time together. She bought me a second high-chair to round out what's become feeding station #2. (Feeding station #1 is the recliner in my room where I usually nurse the babies for what feels like 90 percent of the day!) So basically I got a lot of stuff for the babies but it makes my life so much easier. The night of my birthday my mom babysat and Brandon & I went out, like on a date. Do I need to repeat that...A DATE! As horrible as this sounds it's true... I can't remember the last time we went out, just the two of us. We had a great time. We ate at Johnny Carino's (yum) and then went and saw Indiana Jones (and it wasn't even at the cheap theater!) Thanks for the visit mom...we didn't want you to leave!


August and Addison had swimming lessons this month. They finished up while my mom was here so she was able to hang out at the pool with me and watch. The girls really enjoyed lessons and looked forward to them everyday. No olympic swimmers yet, but boy can they play a mean game of "Fishy in the Basket!" They both had "boy" teachers and they loved it. They guys were so cute with them. (Brennan & Addison-August & Sam)
















I just finished reading my Grandma's life history. She is so amazing. She has always kept journals and has written a few books. She wrote her history, had it bound, and then gave one to all her family members. Brooke and I have enjoyed reading a lot of it together -it is so entertaining. It has been so fun to look back on her wonderful life (so far) and remember how great my childhood was with her. She lived just around the block from us and we would see her pretty much everyday. Not only is she wonderful beyond description, she is also hilarious. We love how she named sections of the book with crazy headings, trying to incorporate all that happened in that section. Here are a few examples: "MINERAL OIL AND A MELODRAMA", "A SNOW FORT & SCHOOL LUNCH", "WAYNE'S WAFFLES & LOTS OF KIDS." To all you family members out there that haven't read it yet...I give it 5 stars. It's a great read...you'll laugh, you'll cry, it has something for everyone. I love you Grandma, you're truly one of a kind!!!

3 comments:

Rebecca Larsen said...

I am so glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday. And I am extremely happy that you got to go on an actual date and go to the movies...and not even the cheap ones! Woohoo!!! Thanks for posting the pics. I love seeing them.

Paige Moore said...

Way back at Ricks you talked about how scrawny babies made you nervous and how chubby ones were just so perfect. Glad you have chubby ones! Mine I don't think has ever been called chubby. Oh well. And your grandma's titles remind me sometimes of how I feel titling my blog posts... what a world!

Kami Anderson said...

I am so glad that you had a Happy Birthday and that you got to spend some alone time with Brandon. The girls are all growing up so fast. I can't believe it. Jan bought one of those saucers for Mom's house and it is a life saver when we are tending the babies. I love looking at your pictures.