Friday, January 29, 2010

So long old friend!!!

Today we said goodbye to a piece of furniture that has been a part of our home for the last 7 years. Our crib...that's right, our daredevil 2 yr. olds have consistently climbed out of their cribs all day today. (Our second crib was on loan, and is now heading back to Grandma's.) No naps today! If that isn't bad enough, I'm really nervous about bedtime. How is this going to work? I soooooo look forward to bedtime! Our other girls never attempted climbing out of the crib, and they were both older before transitioning to big girl beds. For the time being we're just going to let them sleep on their mattresses on the floor. When the basement gets finished they'll inherit the trundle bed from the older girls.


Update: I started writing this yesterday and last night was a little crazy. Initially they didn't want to stay in the beds, but we (when I say we I mean Brandon, I needed a break. Thanks Bran!) used Super Nanny's technique of not talking to them and sitting on the floor in their room until they fell asleep. That probably took about 10 minutes because they were so tired. Brandon works tonight so I'm flying solo. I hope I can do as well as he did! This morning we heard them wake up and start playing with their toys at 5:30am. I'm thinking I should start hiding the musical toys before they go to bed. :) Then there was a stretch of quiet and then Avery came into our room at 6:40. I went to check on Aiden and I found her asleep on Avery's bed...sort of. (refer to picture) Notice the state of their room, it was clean when they went to bed. Good thing they are so sweet because sheesh...change is hard on me. Talk about some major adjustments! My babies got rid of their binkies, turned 2, and started using big girl beds all within a couple of weeks. Sniff Sniff :(


P.S. I finally quit being lazy and found the cord for my new camera, hence pictures shall be coming in the future. I know some aunts that will be happy! :)

Update #2: Just got them to bed tonight by myself! 5 minutes flat!!! I love Super Nanny...and it didn't hurt that they were t-t-t-tired from getting up too early and not taking naps today, yet again. Oh well, I'll take what I can get!

7 comments:

amy morgan said...

I'm tired just reading that! Good luck - and if you get desperate for them to take a nap, do what I do. Room darkening curtains or blinds! It makes it hard to play 'cause it's dark, and it fools them into sleeping! (At least it has all 4 of mine!)

Robyn said...

I LOVE it! I love the update, I love the picture and I love that you used super nanny techniques and that it worked.

Brooke said...

Brit,
I loved your comment! Hilarious! I also loved your new post, how cute! I got a little choked up when I read about your babies growing up.....I really can't believe how time flies! I think your next post should be about your new coat! I think it would be funny... I'm glad that I was a part of the appropriation of your new coat!(is that the right word?--it sounded good..:))
Love ya!!
Brooke

Brooke said...

Okay, so I just looked up appropriation... here's the definition-taking something for own use: the taking of something that belongs to or is associated with somebody else, especially without permission-Okay, well since you paid for it, you really didn't need permission... anyway, you know what I meant-:)

Rebecca Larsen said...

I love the post! It makes me realize I should find the cord for my camera and update my blog as well. I can't believe how big all the girls are getting. I'm missing out on so much! I can't wait until I finally get to see everyone again, whenever that will be. Love you!

Kami Anderson said...

I'm so glad you are updating your blog again. I can't believe the twins are getting so big. I don't know how you do it. I get tired just thinking about running around after 4 girls. I'm looking forward to seeing some more pictures. Love you guys!!!

April Larsen said...

Count me in as one (or THE one) aunt who is very happy that you will be loading pics more often. That is the cutest picture ever...but then again, any picture you take of any of the girls is the cutest ever...it's unavoidable. LOVE THEM!!!!