Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to School


Yesterday was August's first day of FIRST GRADE! She seemed to do great. She ate chicken nuggets at lunch and enjoyed recess. That's about all the info she gave us. Aren't kids silly! I'm excited to be back on a schedule. All of our carpool arrangements are made and we're set for this new year. It shouldn't be as hard to load kids in and out all day now that Avery and Aiden are bigger. Addison starts preschool in a couple of weeks and they both start dance soon...so tune in for more pictures. August is also playing fall soccer and seems to like it so far. We'll see if that lasts when they're playing during some bad weather. :(

I finally tried out the "extreme coupon shopping" yesterday. (Thanks to my helpful sis-in-law...it's kind of confusing at first) I bought $90 worth of stuff for $32. Not bad for my first time. I can see how people get addicted to this!

5 comments:

Nat Heaton said...

I can not believe how much older August looks...what a doll! Can't wait to see more pics of your darling kids!

The Andersen Family said...

Oh my heck she is so darling!! I love first graders!(:

Rebecca Larsen said...

I am so glad she remembers the important details from the first day of First Grade! She is just growing up so fast! I wish I could be around more to enjoy all of it. I guess that just means extra pictures until I am. :)

Kami Anderson said...

She is so grown up!! When did she get so big?? I need some help with the coupon shopping thing. Maybe you could give me a tutorial?

Nikki said...

Darling picture. I can't believe how big she is getting:) I always figure that no/little news is good news. When I was a nanny and picked M.J. up from his first day of Kindergarten the teacher made me stay until the end so that she could tell me about M.J.'s day and that M.J. bit of a kids eraser. She was so mad. He sobbed the whole way home and the rest of the week.
So, I totally started the coupon thing at the first of the year (well, kinda). I stock up, have Walmart price match sales, and do coupons sometimes (when they work). I can totally see how people get hooked and make it a hobby. You'll have to give me good pointers.